|EMS 2220 Paramedic I||11.50|
|EMS 2221 Paramedic Practicum I||3|
|EMS 2230 Paramedic II||8.50|
|EMS 2231 Paramedic Practicum II||3.50|
|EMS 1201 International Trauma Life Support Provider Course (ITLS)||1|
|EMS 1203 Advanced Cardiac Life Support||1|
|EMS 2240 Paramedic III||4.50|
|EMS 2241 Paramedic Practicum III||2|
|EMS 2400 Pediatric Ed for Prehospital Professions||1|
|Total Credit Hours:||36|
For additional information please consult a counselor at 815-224-0360 or the program coordinator Nick Fish at 815-224-0267.Back To Top
- The applicant must possess a valid American Heart Association or American Red Cross Healthcare Provider CPR card prior to within 2 weeks of the start of the Paramedic program.
- The applicant must have a background check, assume the cost of the background check, and have NO felony convictions listed on the background check.
- The applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (copies are required).
- The applicant must hold a current and unrestricted state EMT-Basic or EMT-Intermediate license.
- The applicant will be required to present an EMT-B or EMT-I license and a State Photo ID prior to the Paramedic Entrance Exam test being administered.
- The applicant will be required to take a written Paramedic Entrance Exam similar to the EMT-B licensure exam. A passing score will be 80% on a 100 question exam.
- The applicant must complete the hands on practical skills Paramedic Entrance Exam assessment tests (6-8 stations). The scope and grading of the practical skills will be based on the National Registry Skills forms.
These forms may be downloaded at no cost at https://nremt.org/EMT/Certification
Students will be required to pass each skills station with a minimum score of 80%.
- The student will be allowed one opportunity to re-test on either the skills or written exam, if necessary to obtain a score of 80%, but will not be allowed to re-test on both tests.
- Student must have a physical performed by personal physician and at the student's cost within the past year. The IVCC Health Assessment Form must be used.
- Student must have received all required immunizations as outlined on the health assessment form.
- All required health information MUST be provided by October 1st before any clinical study begins.
- Please contact Nick Fish at 815-224-0267 by July 1st to be placed on the list to be notified of the Paramedic Entrance Exam testing dates and times.