BookstoreBack To Top
IVCC Bookstore Products & Services
The IVCC Bookstore stocks all textbooks and supplies needed by students to complete their course work. In addition, customers will find an assortment of trade books, emblematic clothing and merchandise, Innova golf disks, massage therapy and nursing supplies, greeting cards and gift items.Back To Top
The Mission of the Bookstore
The IVCC Bookstore is a self-supporting operation owned and operated by Illinois Valley Community College. We are committed to serving students, faculty, staff, and visitors to our campus with the products and services necessary for their success within the college environment. These products and services will be delivered with courtesy, professionalism and an understanding of our financial responsibility to the college as a whole.Back To Top
Contact InformationBack To Top
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The Bookstore is closed when the college is closed.
The Bookstore is closed Fridays during the eight-week summer session.
The Bookstore has extended hours during January, August and Buyback and Rental Return
When IVCC is open and classes are not in session the Bookstore closes at 4:30 pm
Forms of Payment
The IVCC Bookstore accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as well as debit cards sponsored by those companies.Back To Top
The IVCC Bookstore offers three ways to purchase textbooks:
- Bring a copy of your schedule to the bookstore and present it at the textbook counter. Bookstore staff will pull your textbooks and answer any questions you may have.
- Call the bookstore and we can FedEx your books to your home or business (a $4.95 shipping charge applies).
- Order online from www.ivccbookstore.com. Have a copy of your schedule ready and follow the prompts from our homepage.
Textbook Refund Policy
No Receipt-No Refund
For a Full Refund -
- For classes lasting a full semester during the fall or spring, you may return textbooks for a full refund for any reason for 10 business days from the first day of class.
- Textbooks for classes lasting eight weeks may be returned for 5 business days following the first day of class for any reason.
- Textbooks for classes lasting four weeks or less may be returned until the class meets for the second time.
- Count days Monday-Friday to compute the refund time limit. Do not count Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Days must be counted from and include the first day of the semester or the first day that the class meets.
- Any required or optional book purchased during the last 14 business days of the semester will be non-refundable. To determine this day count days Monday-Friday. Do not count Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays. Days must be counted from and include the last day before book buyback begins, counting backwards 14 business days.
- New books must be in brand new condition when returned. If you write in the book, damage it or open included software, we must consider that book used.
- Never write in, mark, soil or remove plastic wrapping from your textbooks until you are sure you have the correct book or you are sure your class won't be canceled.
- Defective books will be replaced at no charge if returned as soon as the defect is discovered.
Receipt required for refund or exchange!Back To Top
Other Refund Information and Guidelines
- Optional books and all other merchandise (other than textbooks) may be returned for 2 weeks from the date of purchase with receipt. This 2 week policy applies to all other policy information below:
- Software and other multimedia merchandise must be unopened for exchange or refund.
- All non-text merchandise must be in original condition. If the merchandise came packaged, it must be returned unopened and undamaged. Defective merchandise must be returned with the original packaging for refund or exchange.
- All refund policies described in this publication are subject to change without notice.
- Please direct questions concerning information in this publication to bookstore employees.
Textbook Rental-Option Program
IVCC students may now take advantage of our textbook "rental-option" when purchasing books for a growing number of courses. If a textbook is designated as a "rental-option" title, students have the option of purchasing the textbook or renting.
Designated textbooks are rented for $48 each, which includes a $28 rental fee plus a $20 deposit. When the student has finished with their rental book at the end of the semester, they simply return it to the IVCC Bookstore by the published date on their rental agreement and receive their $20 deposit back.
The student's final textbook rental is $28. Due to the nature of this program, rental costs are subject to change.
The IVCC Bookstore is working with Academic Divisions and Faculty to make as many titles available for rent as possible as our program expands. Not all textbooks are part of our rental program.Back To Top
- An IVCC student ID.
- A copy of your schedule showing that you are enrolled in the class.
- When at the register, you will sign a rental agreement stating that you understand when your rental book must be returned and the penalties if the books are returned late or not returned.
Rental Return Policy:
- For classes lasting a full semester during the fall or spring, you may return your rental book for any reason within the first 10 days of class and receive the full $48 refund.
- For classes lasting 8 weeks, rentals may be returned for a full refund within 5 days from the first day of class.
- For classes lasting 4 weeks or less, rentals may be returned for a full refund until the class meets for the second time. After the initial full refund period, you must return your rental book by the published date (detailed on your rental agreement) to receive your deposit of $20.
- After the final date, your student account will be charged for the retail price of a new book plus a $10 handling cost less your $28 rental fee. This covers the replacement cost of the book plus shipping. Your deposit is forfeited.
- You will be unable to rent books, receive a transcript or register for classes until these fees have been paid.
- At the time you rent your books, you will sign a rental agreement detailing the information above. It is important that you keep your receipt and rental agreement in case you need to return your books and to remind you of when your books are due back without penalty.
- When determining the final day for a full refund: Count days Monday-Friday to compute the refund time limit. Do not count Saturday, Sunday or holidays. Days must be counted from and include the first day the class meets.
For purchased textbooks or rentals
If your class is canceled or you drop a class, the timing guidelines of the textbook and rental return policy still apply.
RENTING TEXTBOOKS ONLINE
- Go to www.ivccbookstore.com
- At the top of the main page find "Buy Textbooks" and click on it
- Choose your semester from the drop down menu. Hit Go.
- Select your course listed alphabetically under "Departments"
- Select your course number, then select your section
- When books come up you will see the textbook for purchase and the same textbook for rental online, listed separately.
- Choose the rental textbook only, if you wish to rent it. DO NOT choose both.
- You will be asked to "accept" the current semester's rental agreement before your book will be placed in the basket. You must accept to have the book placed in your basket.
- You may add other books before completing your order.
OTTAWA CENTER TEXTBOOK PICK UP
If you are taking courses at the Ottawa Center, you can have your textbooks delivered to the center at no charge. You will need to pick them up. To order your books online go to the tab at the top "Buy Textbooks" area of our website www.ivccbookstore.com and follow the steps above. When you arrive at the checkout screen, choose "Pick up at Ottawa Center" as your shipping choice. Currently books are delivered to the Ottawa Center on Wednesdays and will be available after 2:00pm. All online orders placed Monday to Tuesday will be available for pick up at the Ottawa Center on Wednesday of that week. Orders Placed on Tuesday after 2pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday,Saturday, or Sunday will be delivered on the Wednesday of the following week.Back To Top
Textbook Buyback and Rental Return
Textbook Buyback and Rental Return are held at the same time in the hall outside the Bookstore during final exams each semester. Signs will be posted around the college and in the Bookstore noting the date and times of the buyback. The $20 deposit will be refunded for rental books. Purchased textbooks in good condition that have been adopted for the next semester will be repurchased at 50% of the new price at the beginning of the term subject to the following conditions:
- Textbooks that have been revised by the publisher and textbooks in poor condition will not be bought back (highlighting and margin notes are acceptable; written or circled answers and loose or missing pages are not.)
- The bookstore reserves the right to limit quantities on any title based on current inventory.
- Titles that have not been re-adopted or that exceed the bookstore's limits will be repurchased at the current wholesale market value if there is one. Old editions, however, do not usually have any market value.
- Textbooks used by a student for a class that he or she drops after the tenth day of the semester must be held for the term ending buyback.
For more information on the IVCC Bookstore and its policies, please visit our website at www.ivccbookstore.com.