Transfer GuidesheetsBack To Top
Transfer Degree Guarantee
Illinois Valley Community College guarantees to those students earning the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Science degree that their courses will transfer to Illinois state universities as identified and defined in the Course Equivalency Handbook on file in the Counseling Center and in accordance with the Illinois Articulation Initiative. If a course in these degree programs is taken at IVCC and successfully completed in compliance with the Transfer Course Equivalency Handbook and not accepted by an Illinois state university, IVCC will pay back to the student the tuition costs of that course.
This transfer guarantee is subject to the conditions stated below.
- The application for a refund must be submitted within one calendar year of completion or graduation with an AA or AS degree from IVCC.
- The course must have been completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- The refund would be based upon the tuition paid at the time the course was completed.
- The student has met with an authorized counselor from the college, declared a major and a transfer university prior to taking any courses in the guarantee, and is taking only those courses approved in writing by the counselor.
- The student must declare, upon his/her initial enrollment at IVCC, what Illinois public university he/she will plan to attend. The student must enroll at the declared university within two years of this declaration.
- The student requests an evaluation by the transfer university of the IVCC courses completed immediately upon transfer.
- The student cooperates with IVCC personnel in resolving any transfer difficulties by notifying the college and submitting any necessary consents or releases for student records or correspondence.
- The student submits within 60 days of being notified by the transfer university that a course has been refused for credit and makes a claim for refund. The claim must state the reasons for the refusal offered by the university, the name, position, address, and telephone number of the person notifying the student of the refusal and copies of any correspondence or documentation provided by the transfer university.
- The college will first attempt to resolve the issue with the transfer university. If favorable resolution is not achieved within 120 days, the reimbursement will be authorized.
Student rights under this program are personal and may not be assigned or transferred voluntarily or involuntarily. Furthermore, no refund is required or will be made if the scholarship, financial aid program, loan, or other source used to pay the tuition prohibits payment or reimbursement of tuition directly to the student. The sole recourse available to participants enrolled in this guarantee program shall be limited to the tuition reimbursement of the class at the time of enrollment with no recourse for damages, court costs, or any associated costs of any kind or right to appeal beyond those specified by Illinois Valley Community College.
To make a claim for reimbursement or further information about this guarantee, the student should contact the office of the Associate Vice President for Student Services at (815) 224-0393.